We award charitable grants to members who find themselves with sudden illness, unforeseen expenditure or financial hardship.
There is no set criteria for grant approval because every case is considered on its own merit.
Here are some examples of the types of application we approve:
- A stair lift fitted for a member who was struggling to make ends meet
- Adaptations fitted to a vehicle of a retired officer who had suffered life-changing injuries in a police-related RTA
- Flights and contributing towards living costs for the family of an officer injured in a skiing accident abroad
- Contributing to the cost of an officer’s rehabilitation following a stroke
- Adaptation to a member’s house following wife’s illness
- Wet room and modifications to member’s house following serious injury whilst on duty
How to apply:
- You can register for help online
- You can download and complete a grant/loan application form or you can contact us and we’ll send you a form
- You can call 0121 752 4919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book to see someone who will help you to complete your application
You will need to explain why you are applying and give details of income, expenditure and savings.
All information is strictly confidential and only the secretary of the Benevolent Fund knows the identity of the applicant.
All grants and interest free loans are approved by the Fund Trustees who meet every six weeks. For a full list of committee meeting dates click here.
Non-members may also apply but must have or have had some connection to the West Midlands Police.For more information, please call us on 0121 752 4919 or click here.